So — looks like I was nominated for a Liebster award! Such an honor, and my first nomination. So a great big thank you to blogger Harsh Garg (Abysmal Heights), I must say your writing is fantastic, and look forward to reading more.
I figured I’d participate because its about time you guys know more about me — other than what I complain about. Its also a great opportunity to discover new blogs! I still feel a little lost on wordpress, and don’t know many people so hopefully this will open that up a little bit.
What is Liebster Award? The Liebster Award is awarded to bloggers with under 200 followers to try to promote their blog a little and also bring together a community of bloggers. The rules of the competition are as follows:
- The nominated user must provide a link back to the person who nominated them.
- Provide 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer 11 questions set by the person who nominated you.
- Choose 11 more people and ask them 11 questions.
I’m going to start with the questions that Harsh Garg provided so as to not mesh the answers with my 11 facts.
How old are you?
I am 19 years old.
What is your favorite song?
Oh, tough one. I have quite a few at the moment so I’ll narrow it down to two. A Part Of Me by Neck Deep has just crossed my musical discovery path. Loving the lyrics. I also love love love The Other Side by Tonight Alive. And no, I do not only listen to pop-punk, I’m just really into that genre right now. So check em out. (I linked them to make it easier for ya!)
Who is your inspiration?
I have many inspirations. Everyone inspires me at some point. I particularly look up to Hayley Williams of Paramore, Jenna McDougall of The Tonight Alive, and Lights. These women go for what they want and teach so many others in the process. The lyrics they write are beautiful and meaningful and I hope to be as great as them someday.
What does your blog mean to you?
It means so much more than I can describe. Sure, I don’t write on it as much as I should, but I do, and thats the point. It gives me a place to vent. It gives me a place to share my thoughts and feelings. It gives me a chance to share my writings. You can only hold onto that stuff for so long. The likes I get on posts give me the confidence to write more. I appreciate this blog so so much. I hope this answers your question.
What is one thing you want to do before you die?
Haha, this question kind of scares me. I don’t really know. I think if I knew I was going to die, I would travel to Ireland. And drag my friend Tony along with me (maybe other people too, depending on the situation.) That’d be cool, and would probably make me very happy.
What is your favorite book?
I’ve always said Just Listen is my favorite book, and although it is great, its time to move on from that choice. I read the Great Gatsby a few months ago, and it still haunts me. So definitely the Great Gatsby.
What is, according to you, your best post?
I’m incredibly proud of my winter posts (winter is here & winter was never here), if I’m choosing work of my own. But if I had to choose just one, I would say it’s this one. My positivity and inspirational quotes post. I really hope those who read got something out of it, and were inspired by it. It helps me to look back.
What is your idea of a perfect life?
A perfect life is one where you are completely happy. You don’t feel the need for anything else, and can come home completely comfortable and content. I could go into detail, but I think I could probably write about this until my fingers are sore, so I’ll leave it at that.
If you could choose between money and esteem, which would you choose?
Esteem. You can only go so far with money, and although being comfortable financially would be fantastic, it would not be a happy life with no respect. Having people walk all over you is not okay.
What do you do when you are sad?
Sleep, write, or listen to music. Writing is the most efficient way to feel better.
Describe yourself in one word.
11 Facts About Me
- I’m from the Pacific Northwest in the USA. Beautifully green.
- My cousins are basically my best friends, as I talk to them almost everyday. (dont tell them)
- I’m pretty awkward in “real life,” and it takes a while for me to get comfortable with someone.
- I’m a dark blonde, and am not ashamed of how I look.
- I marathon netflix a lot and currently working on Futurama and Greys Anatomy.
- My favorite band for the last 7 years is Paramore.
- I have such wanderlust. I want to travel everywhere. Especially Ireland.
- I love nature, and being outside (except spiders I run away from!!)
- I want to dye my hair blue someday. Soon hopefully. (you will be seeing my face if this happens.)
- I hope to make an impact, whether I join the peace corps or my local animal shelter.
- I’ve always secretly hoped to work at a library. All those books!!!
- THE_PANIC ROOM — she hasn’t been on in a while but I relate to her and hope she comes back!
- Random Pips
- mercurial forte
- Just Another Blog. Ya know, of my thoughts.
- Keep It Short And Sweet
- Amber’s Fantastically Ordinary Life
For many of these bloggers I’m a new reader, and I’m sure when they see I nominated them they’ll be all: “Who in the heck is this person!?” But thats what I like about being nominated, is it has pushed me to find new blogs to follow and discover, and now I would like to help you, reader, discover them too. So hi! If you did notice my comment about nominating you! Hope its cool, and I hope you pass it along.
Now for my questions. *took a few from Harsh Garg because they were so good!
- Who is your favorite musician?
- What is your greatest aspiration?
- Who is your greatest inspiration?
- What is your favorite number?
- Are you an Apple or Android type of person?
- Do you like to cook? If so, what?
- Where do you consider home?
- What is your favorite post that you have created?
- Why did you join WordPress, in particular?
- Do you think you could go a week without your phone?
- If you were on your deathbed, right now, what would your last words be?
Thats it from me! Thanks for reading.